Our nurture group, The Hive, is a small class of up to 6 children and is a continuation of our inclusive, nurturing ethos across school. It is a place of learning and enables pupils to access a highly personalised curriculum whilst remaining in a supportive, structured environment.
The Hive follows a set timetable with clear boundaries so the children feel safe and secure. This enables pupils to improve their emotional well-being, self-esteem and sense of belonging to our school. It is based upon the Six Principles of Nurture:
1. Children's learning is understood developmentally
2. The classroom offers a safe base
3. The importance of nurture for the development of well-being
4. Language is a vital means of communication
5. All behaviour is communication
6. The importance of transition in children's lives
Please ask Miss Perrett (head teacher) or Miss Heeley (SENDCo) if you would like to find out more.